Material Recovery (MRF)
RR receives, handles, and prepares hundreds of tons of materials for downstream processing each year at our mini-MRF in central Dallas.
Capabilities & Features
Our unique capabilities as a MRF include:
- Shipping & receiving
- Ability to sort to spec
- Wide range of acceptable pre- and post-consumer materials, including food products (see full list, below)
- Baling and bagging
- Depackaging services
- Docmentation of handled goods
- Certificates (of recycling, composting)
Our Center features:
- No lines
- Dock access
- Grade-level access
- Forklifts & skid steers
- Rebates for qualifying materials
- Processing Fees (for Sorting, Unpackaging, etc.) for qualifying materials
Commercial* quantities of baled, contained, and/or palletized grades of pre- and post-consumer: paper (MIX, SOP, SWL); plastic (PET, HDPE, PVC, LDPE, PP, PS); aluminum & tin cans; cardboard (OCC); glass bottles (all colors); batteries; ballasts; lamps & bulbs; electronics; Styrofoam; spoiled food products, and more
* RR assesses each load we receive individually based on weight, volume, containment, state, frequency, and labor required
How it Works
RR defines commercial drop-offs as deliveries that result in rebates and/or Processing & Handling Fees.
- Businesses interested in scheduling a drop-off(s) of commercial quantities of materials to our facility should call 214.566.3025 in advance to set up an account and confirm the details of the delivery
- Our office will confirm whether the load qualifies for a rebate and/or Processing & Handling Fees
- A delivery date and time is scheduled
- Drop-off commences under the agreed-upon Terms
* Please note that in the case of mixed loads (i.e. multiple grades of a single material, multiple materials in a single load), Sorting Fees may be applicable. Depackaging Fees may apply to loads featuring packaged goods (e.g. shrink-wrapped items, boxed goods, etc.).
For questions about our capabilities as a clean Material Recovery Facility (MRF), please call us at 214.566.3025 or leave a message here.
For a complete list of materials we divert from local landfills, click here.